Sep 22, 2014

Vodka - I am loving it

It all began during Rajesh's Bangalore visit in Jan this year. Organized a get together with Nitya, Ibrahim, Dev and N on a Saturday afternoon. These fellows started ordering beer. My eyes were wide open. Rajesh came up with his usual dialogue "yen aagangilla togo le". Ibrahim suggested "Screw driver", its vodka and orange juice combination. Till then I had tasted beer a couple of times, but had never liked the odor and taste, always wondered how the hell people drink which has such a bad taste.

But then Screw driver was totally orange flavored, because vodka doesn't have it's own taste neither does it smell bad. All went well, sip after sip I finished the first peg. Started with second one. Before I could finish 1/4th, started feeling its kick. A slight headache, felt like I have started loosing control. That was the first time.

A few months later.....

as we visit Navneet's home often, he pushed a little to join him for drinks. And there it started. Again the screw driver. It became a trend there after. Every alternative weekend, I enjoyed vodka's kick. Then slowly it became every weekend. I have screw driver and we stayed back at Navneet's home.

Recently, mom had been to Kukunoor during Ganesh Chaturti. We invited Navneet to our home. That was an awesome get together. I gulped a quarter of screw driver, the max till now. And the experience was amazing. For the first time I had lost control over my body. I had realized why people drink. I am yet to experience the next stage :)

I just want to experience it, not that I will get addicted. 


No comments: