May 28, 2012

180 - south movie

This post is pending since a long long time, at least since 4 months. There have been several movies like 180. I am reviewing this because the message given is so wrong and no, I am not not going start reviewing movies.

As I started watching the movie, I felt "it's so refreshing". The hero in the movie is standing out from the common man, else who would watch a movie ?. The acts, behaviors are so different, it catches everybody's attention, and so does the heroine's.

The heroines were also so refreshing to watch. Guess I was bored with the typical Bollywood looks, or they are really pretty?, you decide!
Priya Anand

Nithya Menon
The curiosity, of why hero has no rules, increased tremendously by the time the movie reaches interval. The curiosity got shattered when the secret is no more. Anybody could have guessed, he is approaching death, hero is fighting cancer which leaves him 180 days to live. I was really taken a back seat with this reasoning.

Why should one have "No rules", the tag line of the movie, only when he knows that death is very near? Is death the penultimate thing ?


When I started watching the movie, I felt "why shouldn't I be like him ?". There is more in life than death. There is more to achieve in life than be scared of death. 

I would say the hero in the movie is actually scared and so he starts living with no rules for that short period. This is definitely a wrong message. Another movie of the same genre, Anand, was a huge success. People still watch it as a classic movie. But for me, it gives a wrong direction, to the living human beings.

Got my point ?

No comments: