Dec 8, 2012

Talaash: The Answer Lies Within

First thing first. Its been years that I saw Rani Mukherji onscreen and its still a treat to look at her pretty smiling face. I am a die hard fan of Rani, no way that is going to change ever. I literally have no words to explain at a greater detail and I am bad at that. Reema, the director, has portrayed her as an ideal house wife with all the simplicity and Rani fits in so well that every scene she appeared I wanted the time to stop right there so that I could have a glimpse of her more, more, more and more. Her eyes are simply mesmerizing, Aishwarya's are more attractive, but I still think Rani's eyes have lot more to say :)


Rani was her best in the white saree


Now the movie, Talaash. It's rightly named. Right from the first scene of accident I was tensed till the story reveals the answer. I wasn't really thinking of what's going to happen next, because I was so much involved in each scene and character. The way the truth is revealed is also so much in a surprising way and so instant, I didn't have time to react. Totally it was a journey through the emotions of a few characters. Kudos to Talaash team.

Now coming to the actual reason why I am blogging this post :)

As we came out of theater and headed towards home, N asked "what do they want to really communicate? that there are ghosts?". But also some praises to the movie. But this question caught my attention. There is lot of moral we can learn if you look the characters and the whole movie. Frankly, I thought over N's question today while I was driving to office and then realized about the morals we can endorse in our life. 

Sekhawat's character should be an ideal one for men. 
  • He is dealing with so much emotions and going through so much difficulties, but yet he doesn't tend to cheat his wife. His character is given so much opportunity, he doesn't give a second thought getting himself out of stress with such a beautiful lady. 
  • Not only that, the helping nature he offers to Rosy is also what one should look at. 
  • There is one more ideology in the character, he doesn't blame his wife for his son's death, but blames himself. Blaming himself is also not good, but at least better than blaming others. It really takes life time to come out such situation, as explained in the movie and I go with the director.


Shreya's character is so simple and not much defined. But look at her carefully, you will find that even she knew that both, her husband and herself, are going through a rough patch, she agrees to meet psychiatrist to please her husband.
  
I think every movie has some moral to offer, only if the perception changes one can understand. 

This movie is special to me and N. After a very long long gap we had been to theater and watched movie together, probably after around 4 years :)

Update: If you have enjoyed Talaash, then watch The 6th Sense

No comments: