Dec 28, 2012

A memorable year 2012

It has been an eventful year. There have been only a handful of memorable years for me, of them 2012 is the best.


  • The year started with registering a property in my and N's name. The biggest achievement till now. I never had so much freedom to think about till I joined my current company. Financially speaking I am sound than ever. Doesn't mean that I have leverage of living a King's life, but spending as much as I haven't done before.





  • Chinni's school admission was another step. There was time when I sometimes didn't believe I am a father. And this year, I got admission to my kid. Uuffff, unbelievable!!! This was quite revealing, as the school is near to our home, hardly takes 15-20 minutes to reach. I always wanted Chinni not to travel far to school and thankfully we got a good and economy one near by.




  • Avenger, my first bike (although I had a scooter, but bike is a bike). This wasn't a dream. I just got attracted to bikes very recently and it happened immediately. It was such a co-incidence, Deepa and Vijay also got a baby on the same day. And also N's Dio arrived this year. So we bought 2 two wheeler-es this year.





  • Trip to Singapore. This was totally different. The trip reminded Hong Kong everyday. It was an awesome trip and a good break during stressful days.





  • Naina is carrying. Another baby expected in the first quarter of 2013. I am really waiting, will get back the memories of Chinni :)



  • Jyoti and Navneet returned to Bangalore. We got a good companion in them. A trip to coorg, couple of times we stayed at their house and weekend visits have made really a sought after friendship. During our stay in Vijaynagar, it was Deepa and Vijay's house.



  • Another unsuccessful year in my professional life. Didn't get a promotion this year as well, I was expecting it though. I have the skills, the expertise, a 'will' to accept any task, complete the assigned task and the all the ingredients, but still I am not 'there'. Definitely there is something missing in me, don't know exactly what!. One thing I realized (after publishing this post), that I lack ownership. I feel, I don't own the product I am working on. In simple words, I don't take up work by myself. I do take up tasks myself, but not always. There is an inconsistency in this regard. One has to work towards getting the product through all the odds. 


  • Its been 8.5 years. The initial years were bad. I had lack of concentration, didn't understand what I have to do and just finished my job. Truly speaking I didn't get a hang of it. All my peers moved to next level, I was left alone. Couldn't bear this and changed company. I improved a lot in the next company. Technically I grew, but the lack of ownership had just begun. This has been haunting me till now. This is my nature, a built-in feature, its in my genes and little hard to change it. This happens not only at office, but also at home. N knows this very well. She is a victim of it. For eg: Chinni makes the living room a mess before going to sleep. N makes her sleep and comes back to see the mess still lying around. And I am watching tv as if I have nothing to do with the mess!!! Just takes 2 minutes to clear it up, but I don't do it. 

    These things have to be taught in childhood. And in my childhood, I haven't done anything on my own. I was never taught/told to do things, cleaning, washing, small small works at home, helping mom etc etc. So I have grown up without taking responsibilities on my own. Now I find it difficult to do it myself. 

    This was a good realization. Blogging is making me realize a lot of things I never think of. It's good to get to the root cause and bring a change in me. Wish I had a friend who can "discuss" all these stuff. Well, the least I can do is teach my daughter. I don't want her to blame me when she grows up. The biggest responsibility is teach her.

    Ufff, this post is going in all directions of my thoughts. Will find a new post for these thoughts.

    Hoping the new year party is going to be a rocking one :)

    Good bye 2012. I will always remember you.

    No comments: