Nov 23, 2012

Meetup Groups

From past a month or so.....I am doing some weird things. Don't know what exactly I am looking for something new, but my search is still on. Searched a lot of group which organizes meetups, parties, travels, seminars, dance groups and all. I could hardly find a handful which attracted me and more over the most important criteria was it should be based in Bangalore.

The are few reasons why I was searching. I wanted to expand my friendship network, meet new people from variety of professions, meet people from different countries, culture. Possibly I will not settle outside India any time(could be short trips that I can make), so there isn't any chance of meeting non-Indian unless and until I join such groups.

Finally I hit upon meetup.com. There are lot of groups but few are active. So I did join a few of them. Some are knowledge based, a lot of them entertainment, a group actually plays board games, there is an adventurous group. So far so good, but the problem is I haven't been able to catch up any of them. Missed a few quite interesting ones like the Cloud seminar, Bollywood dance practice and a few board game sessions. Now I am feeling like is this really what I was looking for ? Will I ever get time to participate ? Only time can answer the questions :)

No comments: