May 17, 2013

The Pinch

The 14% VAT is killing me since it has come into existence. Whenever I eat out, there is at least Rs 100/- I pay as tax. If the restaurant adds service tax then it comes up to 20%. This is too much.

When I get my salary, it is taxed before reaching my account. I am spend the taxed money, again I need to pay VAT, Service tax etc. I am not earning here, instead spending. I clearly don't understand who brought this. If at all you want to get more tax, charge it on the person who is earning and not spending.

Now when a person starts earning, he should start publishing "I started paying tax" instead of "I started earning". So funny.

This is pinching me hard. 

When I started earning, my savings were nil and never did I enjoy tasting different food. Now that I am earning a bit more, tax is just killing my enthusiasm to explore my options.

This government hogs on people's hard earned money and don't even have the courtesy to utilize it in a useful way. There is never going to be an end to common man's problems.


No comments: