Feb 26, 2014

Cycling continued

The hand injury, which I got during biking, kept me far from cycling for atleast 3 weeks. I was so much eager to hit the road. That Monday morning, I was still in a dilemma "should I go for a ride or no?!!!". After yes, no, yes, no I decided to take it to office !!!

The route being Bommanahalli, Silk board, HSR layout and Bellandur, a total of 14 kms. The road was smooth enough and it seemed as if its not going to be difficult affair.

The hosur road stretch was very bad with traffic. And since I am inexperienced to handle it, the struggle exaggerated to some extent. Till silk board I didn't put much effort to peddle but struggled to get over traffic. The real test came in after I crossed silk board. My stamina started reducing drastically. The remaining path seemed much more than the entire distance from home to office. Slowly I moved.

I crossed HSR layout with difficult, then things started looking positive. Felt as if I am moving faster and destination is closer. Reached Sarjapura cross and I felt much much better, it was an accomplishment waited for. The destination wasn't far away.

As I reached the entrance, I was celebrating already :)

Posted my achievement on facebook and lot of kudos came in.

After that I have peddled 2 more times to office. Its a lot more easier now. Cycling to office is going to be a normal affair from now on. This should definitely help me in strengthening my calf muscle, to loose weight and to run.


No comments: