Jul 27, 2010

Chinni stumbles for the first time

This one is coming so soon, after I started blogging, that I never expected. And its bcoz of an event in itself. Yes, for the first time in my/her life Chinni (that's the sweet nick name of my daughter Iksha) fell while running. I shouldn't even say while running, she has started keeping her steps a little fast than normal ones.

The story builds up like this. We slept a bit early yday, around 10 pm and after much much struggle we made Chinni sleep around 11 pm. This made her wake up so early that it was "early" for "early morning", around 5 am. She asked for duddu (means milk). I warmed a glass of milk and fed her, hoping that she would sleep after gulping it. To my surprise, her slept ran away and she got more energy of milk and started rolling all around the bed and completely disturbing our deep sleep.

I decided to take her for a walk at 6am. Both of us got ready, her yammi (that's how she calls her mummy) is still in deep sleep and might be dreaming of SUDEEP, i thought :P.

We took a walk around the swimming pool and showed her water, trees, birds etc etc. And finally we came near the children's play area. Chinni's eyes are full wide and her desires are to rock and roll all over. She started running and suddenly she stumbles. I was just 2 steps away and could not hold her. I uttered "Oh my god" before she could ground herself and ran towards her. As soon as falls, the word comes from her instantaneously "bittu", which means "fall" in kannada. I was expecting her to cry loud and wake people up on all 60 floors. Fortunately, she didn't!!! And she wasn't hurt, not even a light single scratch on her knee or elbow.

Before I could check her completely she was again ready to run. I said to myself "Grow up Dad!!!"

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Never Knew ...u blog so well anna :)
loved ur blogging style .. :)
So u r on the fourth stage of life.. :) (daughter)
(1.Mom & Dad
2.Friends
3.Wifey (Nanda Attige)
4. kids i.e Chinni now )
Happy blogging :)

Unknown said...

Very nice yaar........very touchy
very nicely u wrote all yaar...
couldn.t imagine u write such a beautiful blogs...
waiting for ur upcoming blogs....

Avinash THM said...

@Vinay It was an experiement. I am glad you liked it.
@Jyoti the incident made it more touchy. Its really encouraging to receive such comment on my 2nd blog. Will try not to disappoint you.

Thanks to both of you.