Sep 22, 2014

Teaching getting tougher

I always think, how did I learn reading, numbers, number names, rhymes etc etc. Don't remember mom or dad spending so much time with my studies. 

And now if we don't give time to Chinni, she just lags back. During the last month, she had written exam of 3 letter words. She has written 3 or 4 words correctly. When we inquired, got to know that she is weak in phonics. We didn't teach her phonics!!! How bad.

Just getting her home work done isn't enough. The lessons taught have to revised at home, only then she will get well versed. Some how I have to take care of "teaching", N being busy and short tempered, there is no escaping for me.

Chinni is now good at numbers and their names. Sometimes she gets them wrong, otherwise she is consistent. After teaching phonics, she is getting familiar and is able spell the words properly. She learns what we teach, her mind is fresh, it fills in what we pour.

No comments: