May 1, 2011

Resolutions

I started with a resolution of learning an art, any new thing to me, every year. This resolution started in the year 2008 and I have kept the spirits intact till now. I have been living a very common life so far, with no worth mentioning skill whatsoever. It's just one life and I got to justify the way I have lived it. Henceforth took this resolution. 

First Learning: How can I forget this year, 2008? Chinni was born, nothing to do with my resolution!!! I started off with driving a 4 wheeler. It wasn't a tough one, but not a bad one to start off. It paid off fruitfully as we had decided to buy a car. The momentum kept going after we added i10 to our family. By April 2008, I had almost picked up the skills of a good driver. But also met with an accident in Mysore. It wasn't my fault though. Now I have completely mastered the art of driving. 

Second Year, 2009:  Since N was in Dharwar with our new born baby, it was the right time to give time for myself. So I started off learning guitar. Guitar was always in my mind and there is a saying that "One has to know a musical instrument in his life time". Not sure if I started with the right coach, but I picked up some tunes by the end of 3rd month. Guitar should be learnt as a western instrument rather than Indian. I stopped coaching before starting with chords, that's was the mistake I committed. Now I am out of touch, but will start off a fresh some time.

2010, Hong Kong: Dreams come true and it did in the form of Hong Kong for me and N. Even though it didn't last long, we got a chance to fly and see what the outer world is. I again got time for myself for the first 3 months of my stay in HK. I thought I have to learn something and why shouldn't it be Martial Arts? Luckily I found a good teacher in Mr Sing and learnt few things about the art. Master taught me several defense techniques and also few movements of Tai Chi. I still remember his teachings and its a great way to keep fit and healthy.

The Forth Year 2011: Its been 4 months now and I have been think what to learn. Some times I have felt to continue learning Guitar and some times to learn a new thing. There are several things on my list, swimming is one of them. But its looking a bit difficult. Now I have decided to "Run". Yes, I know its not an art, but without being fit its not possible for one to run a long run. I have decided to participate in the World 10K Bangalore Marathon on 5th June. I won't be able to run 10 kms looking at my current fitness, but my target is atleast 2 kms. Will I be able to run? Let's wait and watch.

No comments: