May 1, 2011

Chinni's anger

I have seen different types of anger in Chinni on different occasions. All of them are typical. I feel, she has inherited anger from all of us myself, N and her grand parents, otherwise it's impossible that she is filled with so much anger. There are times when I feared of her anger and was puzzled how to control.

Silent Anger: This one is very often. Imagine this - Chinni is in playful mood, she wants to jump around, sing and dance but wants mummy and pappa for companion. In case any one says "No" to her pull there is an immediate reaction, she silently goes, stand behind a curtain or goes to bedroom and stands facing a wall. She doesn't come back unless and until somebody comforts. The first time she showed this reaction we were puzzled as to where did she go. Since then we immediately run after her and get her back.

Violent Anger: I always fear of such reaction. She sometimes goes beyond control and takes quite an amount of time to get in normal mood. There are no particular reasons for this behavior. It could be anything chocolate, ice cream, talcum powder, medicine, laptop, her favorite shows on tv or anything. If her request is not fulfilled then any item on her way goes for a toss. Our mobile has been a constant victim of this anger. TV remote control is another poor victim. Normally chocolates and ice cream brings the situation in control.

Self Punishing Anger: This is kind of weird. I haven't seen this in any of the kids. Again there are no particular reasons for such anger. What she does is bangs her head to wall, floor, sofa or bed. Bangs slowly against wall and floor, but with greater strength against sofa and bed. I have seen this normally when she gets bored and doesn't know what to do.

'I disagree' Anger: This is the one which compelled to compile this post. We took an auto from Navrang after our journey from Dharwar, a week back. It was 6 am, no prizes for guessing she was awake. On the way she started identifying the shops, buses, cars, paintings and temples. It has been her habit to identify them when ever we go for a ride. As our home approached near, there was a play home on the road, the walls of which were painted with Mickey, Donald and other cartoon characters. Chinni recognized it immediately as school. The first time she had recognized a school, we both, N and myself, were looking at each other with shock, surprise and amaze. So I politely said, "Chinni will go to school today". Listening to this Chinni turned her face opposite to me and didn't turn back. After couple of minutes I smelled something fishy and talked to her, but didn't get her response. She was still facing the other direction, so I tried to turn her face towards me. I just couldn't, because she was holding her head so tight out of anger. The anger was only because I said "Chinni will go to school today". It was the first time I saw that reaction. As usual, we both looked at each other with shock, surprise and amaze.

No comments: