Oct 7, 2011

Steve Jobs and Dennis Ritchie

It was really shocking to know the demise of such a visionary. Though his life expectancy was known to be less, it takes time to for the fact to sink in.

There are people whose presence on earth makes it worthwhile. Steve was one of them.

I don't know much about him, only through James Gosling's words would one know how tough and perfectionist was he to work with.

I always had an urge to buy an Apple product, but my finance situation didn't allow me till some time. And now that my priorities changed, I didn't want to. But the urge remains yet.

Steve, I will buy an apple product just to pay tribute to YOU.

Update: Dennis Ritchie is no more. This shook me more. Alas, we lost another great personality this year.

When Steve departed, the next day his photo was seen on the front page of almost all news papers and explained his work in more detail than I was interested to read. Well, nobody would object to it, neither did I.

But Dennis's departure was published after 4 days of the event. This is what I object to, "Objection my lord!!!". TOI, Bangalore edition had a very small column, not even on the front page. This is more disturbing. I truely, deeply, madly condemn this act.

I pay a huge, respectful tribute to Ritchie. Thank you so much Dennis for your "C" and "Unix", because of which the computing world has grown so much.

And, my tribute to Steve remains, but a change in the way I pay, not going for an apple product for priorities have changed in a week.

No comments: