Oct 7, 2011

Visit to Dharmastala and Subramanya

The drive, apart from the 50kms ghat stretch, was totally enjoyable and I did. Not sure why men like curves, you can take a guess what all curves I am talking  about, so much. They thrill, but kill at times. Only worth mentioning is the drive from Dharmastala to Subramanya, which is around 60 kms. The road well maintained and curvy to get a thrilling experience.

That was the highlight of the trip.

I was planning for trip with a whole family for quite sometime. A couple flopped, but this turned out success. A 2 day trip, one night halt at Dharmastala and followed by next day visit to Kukke Subramanya was quite a get away from Bangalore. Atleast, my mom, sister and wife loved it. I am happy for they are happy about the trip. And since it was my sister's birthday, it seemed that liked "a perfect gift", as told by herself.

We visited Dharmastala, Southadka, Kukke Sumbramanya, Adi Subramanya and Abhaya Ganesha temples. Southadka has Ganesha temple, its small and beautiful. I liked Subramanya a lot, as in the scenic beauty of the place having Western Ghats as the back drop. I am neither a Theists nor an Atheist. So temples really didn't matter to me. And more over these religious places are now commercialized. You need to pay for everything, how will "bhakti" come in such places?, atleast I don't get.

I enjoyed driving, parents, sister and wife enjoyed visit to temple. The only one left was Chinni, who had nothing to enjoy. She in fact suffered. For 2 days she starved unnecessarily. There was no proper food available for her nor did get a chance to play around.

Overall it was a ok ok trip for me.

No comments: