Jan 24, 2011

Fight for laptop

Date: 22nd Jan, 2011
Time: 9.30 pm

I was sitting with my laptop, playing chess online. Normally, I like to play blitz games (1 min or 2 min). Since Chinni was with N, having dinner, I got hold of laptop. Otherwise its always Barney, rhymes, Mr Bean, Tuli or lakdi ki kaati playing on it. Even now I feel, computers/laptops are used mostly for watching videos.

I had already played couple of games and had won all of them. Was in a good mood and wanted to win more to keep my score ticking. I had just accepted a 2 min, Chinni came running to me asking for Mr.Bean. I said "Chinni wait for 2 minutest, pappa will give you the laptop and you can watch as much, as long as you want". But no, she wasn't in a good mood since her ammi was forcibly feeding her (its always forcibly) and demanded the laptop immediately.

I didn't want to lose that game as my points would go down. She banged the keyboard, fortunately the browser didn't close to the weird key combination pressed. I just smiled and kept making my moves. My intention was just to finish up that game in 2 minutes. Chinni got more wild, she brought her face in front of the screen and started distracting me. I politely moved her aside quickly continuing the play.

That was it. Chinni started screaming and pulled the laptop. I sustain any attacks on the 64 squared black and white board for any duration, be it either 1 min, 2 min, 5 min or an hour, but could not sustain even 30 seconds of Chinni's attack. I had given up.


No comments: