Jan 15, 2014

Cycling, a new hobby for the year 2014

N and Chinni were travelling on Friday night. I dropped them to bus stop and returned home around 11.30 pm. They are out of station for more than a week. So what do I do with the "freedom". My empty mind freezes when its free. But this time it thought of something constructive rather than killing time. It came up with cycling and since 14th was a holiday, I had good time to plan and execute. I posted on fb.

I hardly got couple of replies, but had made up my mind. Inquired bikes for rent but didn't work out well. So I visited Procycle, HSR branch. The bikes were too expensive, the least price was 19K. And renting out with them was also not convenient. Hence, I had to look for other solution. Returned back home, time was ticking.

Googled a bit more and found cadence90 which had bikes ranging from 10k. So decided to have a check. Headed to cadence90 on Sunday. Quite a small setup but they have good number of bikes for display. After understanding some basics of choosing a bike, I opted for the hybrid bike. And as per suggestion, I bought the least costing one, Rs 8999/- only.

I picked up the bike on Monday after office hours.

Started my first ride around 7.15 am. It was quite cold and sun had already thrown lot of light on earth. Here are some pics taken during my first ride.


The road was very bumpy, my bums had to sustain a lot of pain. The choice of route was bad. Apart from road it was not a good experience. I didn't enjoy the ride much. Back was paining, couldn't lean for a long time. Left leg knee started paining while heading back home. I took a lot of trouble to complete the 13-14km ride. Hoping these problems will get sorted out as I move forward.

And also hoping this would help me in my Marathon goal.

No comments: