Jan 26, 2014

Religion defying love for grand daughter

Mom always was too traditional and religious from the day one I know her. It was very hard to break those religious rules by any means. But I started hating these rules from age 11-12. I wasn't comfortable with idol worship and with a lot of other rules which didn't make any sense to me. Neither did mom answer as to why I need to follow them.

I stopped worshiping idols. It slowly turned into disbelief of god. My prayers were never heard. Neither did I know how would god fulfill them. All in all I stopped believing him, but always prayed to make "all" human beings live happily.

As the years passed mom could not maintain all the principles and started relaxing one by one. The main "being vegetarian" will and shall be followed. So we never brought even egg related food to home.

Chinni has been curious to eat egg since couple months. I have always wanted her to taste it and make it as part of her diet. But never dared to ask mom since I knew she would disapprove of.

Yesterday Chinni came to groceries shopping Long with me and my mom. She started grabbing all that she liked and putting them in the basket. Eggs couldn't hide from her eyes. She picked up a pack of 6 eggs and requested me. I denied. She started arguing. I straight away pointed her to my mom and asked her to get permission from her ajji. That was a smart move :)

My mom approved it immediately. I was little surprised since I knew she wouldn't deny anything for her grand daughter. Mom loves her too much. 

No comments: