Aug 5, 2011

A long but short drive

Did you ever felt like going for a long drive at 10 pm? At least I didn't get that urge even after having a car since 3.5 years. What is it like driving out at night? I don't like, may be because it's me who has to drive all the time and never get to enjoy sitting at the rear seat relaxing, listening to music with a drink in hand. Wouldn't that be wonderful drive, in case?

Here comes the but, Chinni got that urge to drive out yesterday, the persuasion increased when N forced her to have dinner, rice in particular !!! Having no other way, pulled by jacket, dumped couple of bucks in it and we headed out.

While I was concentrating on driving at 20-25 kmph, listening to songs on 94.3, N trying on finishing the rice that was brought, Chinni thoroughly enjoyed the drive identifying the shops, the schools, the stray dogs on road and the numbers at the signal. That's her habit of identifying objects, also making sure me and N have a look at it without fail.

Around 20 minutes of drive, we had hardly covered 3 kms on Bangalore's empty road. Chinni finished dinner and gave me an order "let's head back".

It was a long but short drive.

No comments: