Aug 2, 2011

Have I changed?

This is not me, I am not the way I used to be. There is a lot of thought process happening before taking any decision since some time, not sure since when, may be after I became a father but definitely not when married. My decisions used be based on now situation and not on futuristic thoughts. I always wanted to live today rather than having a spreadsheet open with several sheets of calculation of every day, months and years to come. Is it called maturity? nah!!! According to me its being more conscious about one's dependents. Again, this is called maturity. I still don't agree that my thoughts got matured now, strongly disagree! Then what is it?

I am very hesitant to make a long term commitment, as in 15-20 years of a financial commitment. Needless to say I am in the process of buying a Home. Why does one go for his own home? 
  • A sense of peace of mind that it is his
  • Better utilization of the hard earned money
  • Investment plan
  • A place to live on his own terms
There could be many reasons. Why I want to go for my own home ? I just want get rid of annoying house owners. I do want to own one for the other obvious reasons, but the time isn't just right for me, I feel. There are few things that I want to finish off before start squeezing myself to save money to repay the loan. I want financial independence for some more time. I keep on asking myself - why live the same way others live ? can't I live the way I want ? The answer could have been yes if I wouldn't care about my family's future. I care but still want to live the way I want.

I don't know why do I get these unusual thoughts. It has to be either this or that, can't step into two boats at the same time and definitely can't ask my family to do the same. So how am I going to solve this problem ?

I don't know the answer yet, Time has it. Wait and watch!!!

No comments: