Apr 2, 2011

Cycling and Drawing

Cycling and Drawing are Chinni's recent upgrades in her skill port. While cycle has been her companion since Hong Kong days, but never did she try to peddle it. Cycle was more of a prop till now. She used to stand on it, keep her play things on it, wash it or just just sit on it while having dinner.

Off lately,  her effort to make it move has turned out to be successful. But there are couple of deadlock peddle positions when she can't make cycle move. She screams when she can't make the cycle move, a little push brings back the smile on her face.

Drawing is one art that I wanted to pursue since my high school days. I was good at it and still remember the appreciation I received for drawing Dr Rajendra Prasad in primary school. I went on with my adventures with drawing till 9th std and lost hold of it then onwards. There was no scope and encouragement!

There was a handicraft wall hanging of a beautiful Shilabalike during my 9th std in my home. I don't know if we still have it, but it was beautiful hanging made in cloth. That sculpture caught my eyes one fine day and I decided to sketch it on my drawing paper. I took a largest available drawing sheet and started on it. I took couple of months to give the finishing touch. 

There was one part which I could not draw satisfactorily. It was her breasts! Since she was shilabalike like the one in Belur and Halebidu. Finally, I decided to draw her breasts using a compass from my geometric box !!!

Can't hold my laugh when I remember it. How innocent was I!!! Really!!!

Last week Chinni got a color box as gift in a birthday party. Since then she has been drawing on paper and wall. And here is her first master piece. 


There is always a first time for everything and I didn't want to miss this one first drawing of Chinni.

No comments: