Aug 27, 2010

Don't dare fight with me

Don't dare to fight with me, I know how to escape from your attack, throw you down and kick your butt.

Its everybody's dream to kick the troubling ass, I dreamt too. Was always fascinated watching Jackie, Jet Li and other's Kung Fu skills. Remember the way people fly in The Crouching Tiger and Hidden Dragon ?, not possible to fly like them (not because I am hefty, because it requires wings!) but definitely can swing swords and knock an opponent down.

Hence I decided to learn some stuff to become a martial art master. You might just laugh at the very moment I said "master", obviously it was a joke. People have been preaching Kung Fu for several years and are still not proficient. It requires time, effort, dedication, interest and most of all the right person to teach.

I found one, rather my master found me (that's a different story) and I joined him to learn Tai Chi. Every Sunday I used to get up early in the morning at 8 am (you got to agree, 8 am is early on a Sunday) and learn a new skill under the able guidance of Mr Sing W. Yes, he is a master with a Black belt. He has a well built body in terms of height and muscles. Wish I could have such physical body :(.

My master is not only strong but kind too. Do you believe such a strong person makes you laugh and loves sweets ? Both, he and his wife, Po, invited me for Yum Cha one day after Tai Chi session. He ordered couple of sweets for me, after knowing I too love sweets. Porta (Portuguese Egg Tart) is one amazing sweet dish, he insisted me to taste. Definitely taste it if you happen to find it. I am so shameless, yet to invite them for lunch and make them taste Indian food.


Coming back to my skill set. I have learnt the Five Element Fists. These are the efficient and practical defense techniques. Don't just go by words if you don't believe. I can do it live for you :) The Five element fists are Splitting, Drilling , Shooting, Pounding and Crossing. They basically tell you the usage of hands, how to escape from enemy's attack, defend yourself and counter attack.

After this comes the Linking Five Elements. This art is linking all of the above five element fists. Truly, when all of the five fist elements used together (called as Linking Five Elements) against any enemy, he is bound to run saving his ass.

Well, that's not all, my master taught me the Tai Chi form also. Tai Chi is more difficult and takes quite lot of time to be proficient. Each steps has its own meaning, is known for its defense mechanism and health benefits.

Message of the blog: Learn something new when on a foreign soil.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

good initiative... check out...the movie "Karate Kid" i am sure u ll love it :))