Aug 13, 2010

Hong Kong, a dream come true !!!

Hong Kong was a dream come true to me and Nanda. She was offered several onsite opportunities, but she didn't have an option to accept it, bcoz of me. 

I remember, onsite was one among her wish-list. So, I had promised her in 2009 that  it would definitely happen in the following year. And now this blog is being published from Hong Kong :)

My desire for on-site grew due to 3 reasons -
  • Financial problems.
  • All our MCA classmates and other friends had visited on-site. Pinched badly.
  • Had to fulfill Nanda's wish (of-course, mine too)
I had come out of GS (on 8th Jan) asking for an on-site opportunity. The first and foremost offer that came was an assignment in HK. I was very skeptical about taking it, where in I should have grabbed it at the first instance. I inquired a lot about HK, the salary aspect, the work, the distance from home, living cost, how much can be the savings etc etc. I didn't get a satisfactory reason to accept, hence neglected. HR just dropped me.

But after few days, the offer came back. I had spent a good 1 month sitting idle, playing games, chatting at office. Was frustrated not getting any openings. Decided to grab the offer and went ahead. The interview happened and I had cleared it to my amaze.

I can recall the moment when I got a nod from my manager for HK. I was going for lunch and then my manager informed me about the good news. I was happy, surprised and flying for few moments. I called up Mom and Dad first to share the news. Dad's mobile was busy. Dialed Nanda, she picked up the call. I could not speak ..... literally, I could just say hello ...... the words just struck in my throat. Voice from other end kept on asking "what happened?" .... "hello" .... "you there?"

I had never experienced that before ......... had watched in movies. It was a dream come true!!!

Almost a minute and words started coming out. No prize for guessing, Nanda was happy too. 

Mom's voice was pale, she would have definitely felt sad. Dad had a mixed response.

And finally I flew to HK on 27th March, 2010, leaving Chinni, Nanda, Mom and Dad in Bangalore. 

No comments: