Aug 4, 2010

Addiction to Rhymes

There have been situations when I was addicted so many bad things and none to good ones. 

Like I was addicted to tv during my high school days. I used to watch a comedy detective serial of Gufi Paintal which was aired at 8 am. Mom got irritated so many times and scolded equal number of times.

Later after 10th, was addicted to movies. I watched nearly 200 movies in 2 years. No wonder why i scored less in 10+2. That was not the only reason though. When the results came out I sat and analyzed why ?  Along with couple other reasons, I found that (had made a list of movies that I watched in those 2 years) the number was huge enough to blow my results. This was one of the bad addictions.

Then came B.Sc. I got addicted to chess. Chess was (and is still) a passion since my childhood. If not a Software engineer, definitely would have been a Chess Grand Master ;) I used to spend at least 5-6 hours daily practicing for Inter-University competition during 1998-2000. Indeed, I was the captain of my college team. But I could not take it up further as a career. It impacted my B.Sc final year results, slightly.

During MCA, was addicted to PC games. Road Rash, Dave etc etc.

After MCA, I was addicted to Nanda :) This addiction was good I guess.

The latest one is blogging.

The list is much short here, but I was never addicted to a good thing till now. The shocker of my life time,  Chinni is addicted to Rhymes. Yes, she is so much addicted that the day starts and ends with rhymes. Chinni even recognizes them with particular names.  Here goes the list of rhymes and how she identifies them

The Cat came back - back (this is her favorite)
Twinkle twinkle - twinkle
Jack and Jill - ದಮಕ್ಕು (damakku means fall, Jack and Jill both fall in the song)
Humpty Dumpty - dumppy
ABCD song - ABCD

She likes to watch the videos of all these. She makes me sit in front of laptop, pick her , sit on  my lap and then says the word she wants me to play. I just need to play it and no other go. Some times she gets bored and says "ಬೆರೆ" (means change), I have to change the song!!!

The Cat came back is her favorite. She opens her mouth as the cat opens in the video. She spreads her hands as the cat is shown jumping in the video. And her body dances to the background music.

And that's not all. Me and Nanda have these rhymes in our mobiles and Chinni listens to them in mobile too. 

Were you ever addicted to rhymes?

No comments: